Visa Checking for International Students – Educational Institutions
Educational institutions can improve compliance and maximise capacity by checking visas for their international students.
Any international students studying in breach of visa conditions can potentially impact on the institution’s risk rating under the Simplified Student Visa Framework.
If a student has moved onto a visa other than a student visa, this may release a place in the cap to allow a further student to study.
You may wish to ask yourself:
- What process do you currently have for checking students before the course starts?
- Can you give an assurance that every student in your institution is legally able to study in Australia?
- Do you track visa expiries for your students?
- How do you know if a student has changed visa status?
- When we lose a student, do they remain onshore with a student visa (at another provider), have they returned home or..?
How vSure Can Help Educational Institutions
- Deeper analysis of churn – for example, by visa checking lost students, Providers can find whether former students remain onshore, with a student visa (thus moved to an alternate provider) or not
- Proactively manage admissions – know which new / re enrolments have received their visas and who hasn’t at any point in time
- Identify students who have moved onto a visa other than a student visa, and so releasing a CoE to optimise capacity
- Proactively manage your risk rating under the Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) by ensuring your students are studying in compliance with their visas and understanding visa changes by student, by agent, by region, by country etc
- Import COE information from PRISMS to set up your students in vSure – no data entry required!
- Automated visa checks provide you with current and up to date information on all current students
- Produce reports based on course studied, agent used and visa held. This allows more regular visa checks for higher risk students
- Assurance that the information is coming straight from the Department of Home Affairs, is regular and current
Want to know more?
Get in touch now for a no obligation demo of the vSure system.