Possible Changes to Immigration under a Liberal Government
Now that Australia is led by a Coalition Government, we can assume that some changes may come into action regarding Australian Immigration.
Our previous Labor Government had quite a stern stance against the Employer Sponsored Program of Visas compared to those of the Coalition, so we can hope for more favourable treatment in the future.
Immigration changes that could be considered include:
- Coalition Reaction to 1 July 2013 457 Visa Changes
- Application Fees
- Labour Market Testing
- Revising the English language requirement
- Speeding up processing of labour agreements
- Improve processing times for 457 visas
- Looking at reintroducing regional concessions for 457 visas
- Considering introducing visas for semi-skilled workers
- Considering concessions for small business sponsors
- Simplifying the application process for trades workers
Want the Details?
Acacia Immigration has written a thorough article going into the possible details. You can Read Acacia’s article here.